A trade name is a name that is used in business. It can be either the company’s legal name or a fictitious name, registered with the government of the country where it operates.
Dubai is considered a good place for company formation. Many large companies, international and regional, are setting up their base in Dubai and are capable of achieving international standards. This article will look at some of the most important details you need to know about company formations and trade names in the UAE.
Company name regulation rules in Dubai:
- As per the UAE Commercial Companies Law, it is mandatory to have a licensed trade name when forming a company in Dubai.
- Trade names in Dubai should be submitted in Arabic and English, accompanied by their translation.
- Your business name should reflect the nature of your business activity. The name should not be offensive or potentially confusing to the general public, even if it belongs to a real person.
- Unique business names will make the company stand out, which will help in gain a foothold in the market.
- The business name must not include any religious or political connotations as per Dubai laws.
- It is best to avoid words that hint at carrying out prohibited activities such as alcohol, drugs, and sex.
- Business names in the UAE should not contain any offensive language or inappropriate words.
- A business name can be reserved only once it has been approved by the DED of the respective emirate.
- The DED has the right to reject a proposed business name if it deems fit, or even if one or two letters are missing from the name.
- Upon approval, the trade name can be reserved for 60 days after which it needs to be registered.
- Some rules and regulations must be followed when selecting a trading name for your new business in Dubai.
- The company name should not include any reference to God or any of his divine attributes.
- Do some market research to make sure the name you have in mind is not like any other company.
Choosing the right name for your business is an important step in the journey of starting a new company. It’s not just about picking random words or making something up—it’s about choosing a name that reflects your company’s mission, vision, and values.
That’s why we’re here to help you get started with generating a restricted free trade name for your new company formation in Dubai. With our help, you’ll be able to pick something that works for your business without having to spend hours searching for yourself! Just give us a call and we’ll take care of everything else.