Are you thinking of starting your new business in UAE? Is Dubai the place to start? It is a good idea to register a company name in Dubai before you start your business. You can choose any name that you want and it will be registered in the commercial registry. This means that you have priority over other companies who are also wishing to use that name. It is important to remember that there is no limit on the number of companies that can be registered under one name. So, if you wish to do this, then it will be possible for you to do so. In this article, we will guide you in the right direction and ways to your tradename registration legally.
What is the Business name, Company name, or Tradename?
Trade names and company names are similar, but they’re not quite the same thing. A company name is the legal name of your business, which is registered with the state and will be used on your bank accounts and tax forms. The company name would also appear on other documents like official letters from the company.
what is the process to register a company name in Dubai?
The process to register a company name in Dubai is fairly simple, but you’ll need to make sure you have the right information before you get started. First, you’ll need to decide whether or not you’d like to register your company under a name that’s already in use. If so, you’ll need to check with the Registrar of Companies at the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) to see if your proposed name is available. If not, they’ll give it back to you and ask that you choose another one.
Choosing the trade name :
The first step of starting a business is to decide on a name. This decision can be as simple as choosing the name of your company from your own name or as complicated as designing a unique brand. The naming process is crucial for the future success of your business, so it is important to get it right at the beginning and create a good impression in the minds of your customers. The Dubai Economic Department (DED) has issued a new set of guidelines for trade names for companies and individuals working in the UAE. The guidelines include requirements for trade name approval, renewal, and cancellation.
- Trade name approval must be applied for within one month of starting business operations in the UAE or changing your business name. Trade names should not contain any words or phrases which may be interpreted as offensive or profane.
- The approval will be valid for six months, after which you must apply again if the name is still being used.
- If there is no renewal of approval, your company will be considered illegal and could be closed down by the DED.
- The rules also state that trade names must not include offensive terms or words that are not relevant to your business activity or products. You must also avoid using other company names or trademarks that could cause confusion between two companies offering similar services or products.
- In addition, it is important to note that you may not use any special characters such as asterisks (*) or slashes (/), nor should you use more than one word in your trade name if it has already been registered by another company working in a similar field of business activity.
- No trade name can be registered if it includes any religious term or symbol, government department, institution, authority, agency, geographical feature; and any word which may bring into disrepute any person, religion, sect, or belief.
Tradename registration: once the choose the available tradename then you need to submit an application for registration.
Fee payment: once the submission application is filed, then one must fee the payment through cash or card in the Dubai government office.
Benefits of registering a company in Dubai:
Registering a company name in Dubai is beneficial as it provides you with ownership of the company name, which means that no one else can use it. You will also be able to use the company name on your business cards, invoices, and other documents. It helps protect your business from other companies using the same name. here are the other benefits too.
- A registered business name is a valuable asset for your company.
- It helps protect your brand from misuse by other parties.
- Tax benefits and incentives.
- Easy to conduct business in Dubai and across the UAE.
- It provides legitimacy to your business.
- It makes it easier for customers to find you when they search online.
- It ensures that your company name does not infringe on someone else’s trademark or intellectual property rights (IPR)
- It will make it easier for people who have been dealing with your company in the past to do so again if they need more products or services from you at a later stage.
- Registering your company name can help with marketing and promotion because it makes people more aware of your business when they see it on documents such as invoices and order forms etc.
- The ability to open a business /personal bank account, hire employees, pay their salaries, apply for residency visas, and many more.
We, at Business setup Dubai, understand the importance of your business. Therefore, we are committed to providing you with a seamless and hassle-free company formation in Dubai process. We take the time to understand your requirements and expectations and offer solutions that meet them. Our team comprises experts in the field who have years of experience helping clients register companies in Dubai. We will make sure that you get quality services at affordable prices. We also do Preparing documents required for the registration of your company, Tax filing, and payment of taxes with the government authorities, applying various categorized residency visas for you as well as company employees and family members too. if you have any information about trademark registration and trade license then feel free to contact us at any time. we are happy to help you!!