why start a food business set up in Dubai? Because everyone has to eat, food businesses are in high demand all around the world, not only in the gulf and the middle east.
As a result, starting a food-related business can be quite lucrative.
If you want to start a food business set up in Dubai or the United Arab Emirates, you should be aware of a few things, every food facility that imports, sells, offers for sale, or distributes food in the formats below must comply with the following major requirements:
- Food truck
- Sale of fruits and vegetables
- Food supplies at home
- Delivery of food
- Services of catering
- Food preparation
- Food processing plants
- Supply of food to schools, hospitals, and other businesses
- Food-related events
- Related to food packaging
For some customers, particularly children, pregnant women, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems or allergies, the foodborne disease can be very serious, even life-threatening. The foodborne illness must be effectively controlled not just to protect human health but also to protect the food sector.
Food regulations in the middle east help maintain food safety up to the time it reaches the consumer. After that, it’s up to us – the consumer. Basic things are
- Clean and hygiene
- Avoid cross-contamination
- Prepare or store food at a safe temperature(hot, frozen, cooled)
- Food serving and labeling
Before beginning operations, all food organizations in Dubai must get a valid trade license from the relevant government agencies in Dubai, according to the Dubai municipality’s food control department. At the time of obtaining the license, the owner of the food license must choose the relevant business activity. Other than the business (or activities) specified in the trade license, food licenses are prohibited from engaging in any other activity.
Steps to start a food business set up in Dubai:
- Your business plan must be submitted to Dubai economic department (DED)-including the application, and required documents.
- Get approval from HACCP (hazard analysis critical control point)
- Try to choose a location where you want to establish your food business, and contact with RTA roads and transport authority if it is a mobile canteen/food truck
- Get your trade license (Freezone /mainland) and food license
Here Are some of the budget factors that should be considered, before setting up a food business
- Local sponsor fee
- Trade license fee
- Labor and immigration registration
- Rentals for building/truck/cooking space/vehicle transport etc.